Reading room hire
If you’d like a quiet venue near the centre of Reading, this is what our Grade 2 listed Meeting House offers:
Hover, click or touch any of the images below to find out more about the rooms available for hire.
- Quiet location within easy reach of Reading’s busy town centre and major rail interchange.
- Five rooms available to hire, with different sizes and character and flexible layouts
- Rooms are available for hire from 9:00 to 13:00 on Mondays and 9:00 to 22:00 on Tuesdays to Saturdays. Rooms are not normally available on Sundays or bank holidays
- Reasonable rates for both regular and one-off users
- All rooms are wheelchair accessible.
- WiFi available
- Spacious foyer area with easy chairs
- Large kitchen and kitchenette
- Accessible toilet and shower, and baby-changing facilities.
- Access to our tranquil garden and burial ground.
- Plenty of bicycle parking
- Public car parking nearby
Room sizes and charges
|Main Meeting room||13.7 x 13.0 m||180||£19.50/hour|
|Hall||8.1 x 6.0 m||50||£15.00/hour|
|Small Meeting room||5.5 x 4.0 m||15||£11.50/hour|
|Committee room||4.3 x 3.6 m||10||£9.00/hour|
|Children’s room||4.9 x 4.2 m||15||£7.00/hour|
The booking form also gives 1.5 and 2 meter socially distanced room capacity estimates.
COVID-19 update We are hiring rooms, but with some extra health and safety measures in place.
Or call 0118 950 7736 to say which rooms you would like to use and when.
Reading Quaker (Friends) Meeting House
2 Church Street
Reading RG1 2SB
Location: Church Street is a cul-de-sac with a passageway linking to the A327 London Street.
Train: The Meeting House is about 20 minutes’ walk from Reading station.
Bus: Numbers 5, 6, 6a, 21 and 21a from the station and town centre all stop in London Street.
Up to date information can be found on http://wwww.Reading-Buses.co.uk
Parking: There is car parking on London Street (two hours free for blue badge holders and free for all after 20:00). Saxon Court, the Oracle and Queens Road car parks are nearby.