Reading room hire
If you’d like a quiet venue near the centre of Reading, this is what our Grade 2 listed Meeting House offers:
Hover, click or touch any of the images below to find out more about the rooms available for hire.
- Quiet location within easy reach of Reading’s busy town centre and major rail interchange.
- Five rooms available to hire, with different sizes and character and flexible layouts
- Rooms are available for hire from 9:00 to 13:00 on Mondays and 9:00 to 22:00 on Tuesdays to Saturdays. Rooms are not normally available on Sundays or bank holidays
- Reasonable rates for both regular and one-off users
- All rooms are wheelchair accessible.
- WiFi available
- Spacious foyer area with easy chairs
- Large kitchen and kitchenette
- Accessible toilet and shower, and baby-changing facilities.
- Access to our tranquil garden and burial ground.
- Plenty of bicycle parking
- Public car parking nearby
Room sizes and charges
|Main Meeting room (Room 1)||13.7 x 13.0 m||180||£19.50/hour|
|Hall (Room 2)||8.1 x 6.0 m||50||£15.00/hour|
|Small Meeting room (Room 3)||5.5 x 4.0 m||15||£11.50/hour|
|Children's room (Room 4)||4.9 x 4.2 m||15||£7.00/hour|
|Committee room (Room 5)||4.3 x 3.6 m||10||£9.00/hour|
The booking form also gives 1.5 and 2 meter socially distanced room capacity estimates.
Or call 0118 950 7736 to say which rooms you would like to use and when.
Reading Quaker (Friends) Meeting House
2 Church Street
Reading RG1 2SB
Location: Church Street is a cul-de-sac with a passageway linking to the A327 London Street.
Train: The Meeting House is about 20 minutes’ walk from Reading station.
Bus: Numbers 5, 6, 6a, 21 and 21a from the station and town centre all stop in London Street.
Up to date information can be found on http://wwww.Reading-Buses.co.uk
Parking: There is car parking on London Street (two hours free for blue badge holders and free for all after 20:00). Saxon Court, the Oracle and Queens Road car parks are nearby.